The Whitewater Canal Byway Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that depends on many volunteers doing many things to supports its mission to protect, preserve the history and beauty of the Whitewater Valley Region for future generations.
· Volunteer at the Park—
· Answer phones, answer questions and help callers plan tours
· Staff the Pavilion—hang new art, answer people’s questions and help plan tours
· Serve on the Board, or join a committee: fundraising, communications and publicity, education & event planning
· Light maintenance, painting, groundskeeping, seasonal decorating and gardening
· Volunteer along the byway
· Arrange and lead tours for seniors or other groups along the byway
· Assist during special events
· Update WCBA Facebook page with what’s happening along your part of the byway.
· Festivals, art events, historical events or speakers
· Check the byway signs to make sure all are standing once per year.
· Speak to your club or service organization about how they can help!
· Get your company to sponsor the WCBA.
· Promote the region by naming products using the canal and presidents themes of the byway, like the canal boat sub sandwich or the Harrison rocking chair
· Donate artwork for the online auctions to benefit the byway or
· Contribute material and in-kind services to improve the byway and Gateway Park.
· Share your ideas about how to improve the byway experience (improved signage, beautification projects, education efforts, etc.)
© WCBA 2014. Contact the WCBA to suggest changes.